Jul 6, 2013

Homemade Ice Cream COMING!

Hi netizens! I just did my first try of chocolate ice-cream. It worked! I thought it wouldn't because I over whip the whipping cream. It is very smooth and creamy. Here, let me give the recipe that I got from the Internet.

1 can of condensed milk
2 cups of whipping cream
1 bar of chocolate

But I do think that recipe was quite sweet, so I modified it a bit. Since 1 can equals to 500ml, I just used 300ml. And the result is: STILL VERY SWEET

After the first try, I decided this version will be much suitable.

200ml of condensed milk
2 cups of whipping cream
3/4 bar of chocolate

I haven't try this newest version of recipe yet. So, I can't tell if it's still very sweet or too bland. Try it out!

*Updated! Please don't use the third recipe unless you're just someone who doesn't like sweetness. If you want to do this ice cream, use the one that I used. Not the newest version or whatsoever. You wouldn't want to eat chocolate ice-cream with no taste at all. Yucks.

First, heat up the chocolate bar. Let it melt. Then, mix it with the condensed milk. Keep mixing with a ladle or spoon. The important step, whip the cream! Whip it using the whisking machine, or not it will be hard to whip it manually. Whisk it until the cream becomes stiff. When it does become stiff, DO NOT whip it anymore. It will turn its liquid form again and if you keep whipping it, it will be butter. Trust me. When the whipping cream is stiff, pour in the chocolate+condensed milk together and mix them. But not for too long, please remember! Leave it in the freezer for at least 6 hours before you indulge yourself in this creamy chocolate ice-cream.

And if you accidentally whipped the cream too much that it turns to liquid again, don't worry. Just continue the next step (mix the chocolate+condensed milk). It will work. Well it worked for me! I over whipped the cream too. But the result is, normal and great.




Toodles!

1 comment:

WSYen:) said...

May, Ah Kim wants to know the whole recipe. xD